Serious Eats: The Tin Fish // Minneapolis, MN

/ Leave a Comment

My boyfriend, Adam, and I came here this past Saturday around 2:30 P.M. and needless to say it was packed...which I totally expected it to be but it didn't seem like Adam did. We ended up leaving after enjoying a glass of wine and draft beer but I was definitely going to come back to check out their delicious food. When I came back yesterday, the place was swarming with people of all different ages being active on paddle boards, canoeing, sailing, and enjoying food on the patio overlooking Lake Calhoun. 


Lake Calhoun is the largest link in the Chain of Lakes and has three beaches with a vartiety of water activities.

Here are a list of their summer activities...as well as a list of activities for the winter time - so amazing.
  • Archery
  • Beach (three!!)
  • Biking Path around the lakes
  • Boat Dock - let me know if you need a boat...I am trying to sell a 15 ft. O'Day Sailboat...not kidding.
  • Fishing Pier
  • Picnic Area
  • Soccer Field
  • Softball Field
  • Volleyball Court – Sand
  • Walking Path around the lakes

Winter Activities:
  • Cross-Country Skiing
  • Snowboarding
  • Snowshoeing
  • Snow Tubing & Sledding
  • Ice Fishing
  • Ice Rinks


Naturally, I could not pass up the grilled walleye sandwich like I did the first day..If there's one thing Minnesota knows, it's a good sandwich...like the fried walleye sandwich or the famous Juicy Lucy. However, I opted for the grilled version of the walleye sandwich which I assume is just as good if not better!

Interested to find out more history on the walleye sandwich? Click here. Heck..you can even buy a book on each of the states freakin' sandwiches! The Stately Sandwiches book actually looks pretty badass...coming out soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment