Andouille Sausage Quiche

/ Leave a Comment
I bought this chinese sand pot about a couple months ago so it was time to put it to use. Even though I failed to read the directions my quiche still turned out pretty good!

Some people say these can be used on the stovetop or oven without previously soaking in water (should soak for 15-20 minutes)...which I totally neglected to do and pressed my luck. When you soak the sand pot in water it keeps your food moist...almost like a steaming effect for your food. Cool, right?!


I used mushrooms, onions, 1/2 cup shredded potatoes (shred them yourself or buy a bag of frozen hash browns) and about a 1/4 cup of sliced andouille sausage ( yes...andouille sausage again...nomnomnom). 

Make sure everything is chopped and shredded and cooked everything in a skillet till the potatoes are done which is usually 15-20 minutes. 

While the fresh ingredients are cooking preheat oven to 350 degrees, whisk two eggs, salt and pepper them. Throw everything in the chinese sand pot and boom...place it in the oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are nice and fluffy in the sand pot. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment