Quinoa Cherry Tomato Breakfast

/ Leave a Comment
A quick recipe with superfoods in a cute little mason jar...sounds good to me! Quinoa is known as a superfood (or a supergrain) - it is high in fiber and packed with protein (perfect for vegans!). Since quinoa has a light and nutty flavor you can almost mix it with anything...since it is so easy to work with I cook enough quinoa for the week and use it in my salads or as a side with some salmon. 



Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp cooked but chilled quinoa (I always have some pre-cooked in my fridge)
  • 2 tbsp of cottage cheese
  • 1 tsp of flax seeds
  • 5-6 cherry tomatoes; halved
  • salt 

Directions:
  • Pour quinoa into mason jar first. Then cottage cheese and sprinkle flax seeds on top of cottage cheese. Then place halved tomatoes on top of cottage cheese with a dash of salt.
Optional: Before I begin eating I like to mix everything together but I like to pour ingredients in the order listed above for presentation. So corny, I know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment