Ice cream for Breakfast

/ Leave a Comment
Whoever said ice cream is not for breakfast?!

Welllll OK...I am teasing...but a little scoop never hurt anyone. 

Its been over a week and I've been making the same fruit smoothie recipe everyday for breakfast... it was definitely missing something. I looked into my fridge... then freezer...and ah ha! Ice cream!

Here's the thing - the whole point of me making this fruit smoothie was to make sure I ate a "healthy" breakfast... we might have to turn this recipe into a dessert one eventually. Key word...eventually. 







Fruit Smoothie Recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of strawberries
  • 1/4 cup of blackberries
  • 2 tbsp. of pomegranate seeds
  • 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 tbsp of ice cream (I prefer Edy's Vanilla)
Toppings:
  • Granola 
  • Fresh fruit

Instructions:
  • I used a magic bullet blender but a regular blender will do.
  • Put all ingredients into blender and blend till the consistency is smooth.
**I made a big batch and put it in a mason jar to keep in the freezer. This way I don't have to blend a new batch everyday and can just thaw out a cup the night before.



0 comments:

Post a Comment